Mobius is Datalink's Windows client software, providing GPS tracking and two-way messaging over a variety of wireless networks. On screen maps and navigation are available through the use of Microsoft MapPoint. An external GPS source is required for GPS tracking.
- Choice of networks including multi-mode. GSM-GPRS, CDMA 1X, Mobile Radio and Satellite networks, including Iridium, MSAT-1 and Inmarsat BGAN
- Multiple wireless network connectivity, including satellite with automatic switching for lowest cost link
- On-screen navigation with GPS vehicle location superimposed on map
- GPS locations sent to base mapping and messaging terminals
- F-key options for emergency alerts sent to base with optional automatic forwarding to cell-phones
- Outbound and inbound file attachments
- Real-time two-way text messaging
LONE FIELD WORKER (safety and communication)
Mobius and BGAN provides the field workers with real-time two-way text messaging and file transfers. It also provides a high level of safety with an F-key trigger to send an emergency message with GPS location. The emergency alert will also be relayed by the DataGate router to monitoring desks or text to cell-phones.
Mobius software provides drivers with live on-screen navigation where the total route is displayed with the various stops/start times reported. The driver's screen receives GPS updates every few seconds. The same GPS information can be displayed on the dispatcher's screen with updates based on programmed settings.
MULTI-NETWORK OPERATION (typical application)
Mobius allows the use of multiple networks with automatic selection. As an example, if the vehicle travels outside the local wireless network coverage area, Mobius will switch automatically to satellite if a satellite transceiver is attached.